Understanding, Preventing and Detecting Procurement Fraud
October 12, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm| $95
This presentation will focus on Procurement & Fraud, highlighting the most common types of Procurement Fraud, how to identify them, what can be done to mitigate the risk of Procurement Fraud from damaging an Organisation financials and brand image. It will also illustrate the current reporting mechanisms available to enable individuals to report Procurement Fraud. With the use of his personal experience in Procurement and Supply Chain as well as being a whistleblower on a US20m+ fraud, the Trainer will explain how Organisation can stop and deter most Procurement Fraud cases.
What You Will Learn
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand what is Procurement Fraud and how to identify Red Flags.
- Understand the value of People in deterring Procurement Fraud alongside the Procure to Pay cycle.
- Dimensions of Procurement Fraud
- Scale and frequency of procurement fraud
- Which companies and sectors are most vulnerable?
- Tone at the Top and Procurement Fraud
- Importance of an Ethical Culture
- The Framework – the do’s and don’ts and the point of no return
- Setting up and managing Whistle-Blowing Mechanisms
- Whistle-blowing – Case Study
- Overview and understanding of Procurement Fraud
- The red flags
- Assess your risk and balance it with your Organisation risk appetite
- Procurement Due Diligence, single point of failure?
- The Procurement golden rule
- Reporting mechanisms
- Pros & Cons
- The future of whistleblowing
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Sylvain Mansotte, Co-Founder and CEO at Whispli
Sylvain arrived in Australia in 2005 and has over 18 years experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Corporate Real Estate and more recently Risk & Fraud.
He has worked in various industries including Construction, Mining, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Electrical Equipment and Banking.
Sylvain is the Co-founder and CEO at Whispli, the first, global, truly independent, secure, anonymous two-way communication and case management platform.
Whispli was born after Sylvain uncovered one of the largest corporate frauds in Australia a few years ago and realised at the time that there was not one truly independent whistleblower service provider allowing anonymous two-way communication.
Whispli opens and secures the flow of information between people with sensitive information and the organisations which need it. The Whispli platform is fully mobile responsive, allowing informants to use any web-enabled device from anywhere in the world.
ACCA Members, Affiliates/Students and Approved Employers enjoy a special discounted rate of $75!